Blogs

Change Address on MaxQ MICR Checks in Dynamics SL

in

How do I change the address that prints on AP Checks printed using the MaxQ MICR check printing system in Dynamics SL?

In Dynamics SL, navigate to: Shared Information >> MaxQ Screens >> Bank Account Information.

You can change the address for each Bank Account as well as the account and routing numbers from this screen. You can also find this data in the database in the following table: xbankinfo

Hypervisor Virtual Machine Vanished from host.

in

A Virtual Machine on one of our Hyper-Visor hosts vanished. It was no longer listed. When I opened the Fail-Over cluster management console to see if it had failed over to another node it was marked as a failed service.

I checked the for the VM Configuration Files and the Virtual Hard Drives on the shared storage. All files existed.

After a quick Google search I found several articles pointing to a corrupt configuration file.

I opened the .xml file and sure enough a closing HTML tag was incomplete:

After closing the Hyper-Visor Console and reopening it on the host I was able to see the VM and restart it.

If the above doesn't work. Delete the virtual machine and recreate it. Here is how I do that:
1. Note the node that owns the virtual machine
2. In Fail-over Cluster Manager delete the resource.
3. On the Node that owns the missing virtual machine open Share and Storage Manager and go to Manage Open Files
4. Close all connection files and folders that have to do with the missing machines Configuration.
5. Rename the Configuration folder
6. On a Fail-over node create a new machine and pick the existing vhd file for the missing server.
7. Go to the settings of the new virtual machine and make sure it is set to migrate to machines with different hardware.
8. From Fail-over Cluster Manager add the new server
9. Start the new virtual machine
10. Connect to it from its Host
11. Set the IP address.

NOTE: If MS Office is installed you have to re-register it.

Dynamics GP 2010 An error has occurred in the script on this page.

I've been meaning to post this for some time now.

We often get support requests for Script errors when launching or navigating to modules in GP:

Script ErrorScript Error

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Try the following three items:

1. Make sure Office 2003 Web Components are installed.  These are not installed with newer versions of Office but are still available for download.

     http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22276

2. From Internet Explorer go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing history and delete "Temporary Internet files", "Cookies" and "History"

3. Make sure the folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData exists.  From the start button type "%appdata%" (no quotes) and press Enter.  Then browse to \Microsoft\Internet Explorer\.  The UserData folder is a hidden system folder.



Clearing the Management Reporter Queue

I've seen a lot of posts about reports stuck in the Management Reporter Queue including the following
- Restart MR Service
- Make sure MR service account has access in SQL
- Apply latest service pack

None of these worked for one of my clients. They are running Management Reporter 2010 SP3. To clear the queue I had to run two queries: (Always back up your data first!!!)
- select * from repository where name = 'ReportName'
note the lines returned where the StatusType is equal to 30. Verify that the record is for the correct report.
- delete repository where name = 'ReportName' and StatusType = 30

If there are a lot of reports use a cursor:

declare @myID varchar(36)
declare myCursor cursor
for select ID
from Repository
where StatusType = 30
open myCursor
fetch next from myCursor into @myID
while @@FETCH_STATUS = 0
begin
delete Repository where ID = @myID
fetch next from myCursor into @myID
end
close myCursor
deallocate myCursor

The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error A device attached to the system is not functioning.

In trying to re-configure Routing and Remote Access on I was getting the following error: "The Routing and Remote Access service terminated with service-specific error A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Found a solution on the www.petri.co.il forums:

Delete the following registry entry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\currentcontrolset\services\remoteaccess\routermanagers\IPV6

Syndicate content