CRM 2011 Prompts for Credentials then gives 401 error.

The following is from

The Fix

Basically the certificate automatically rolls over to a new one and ADFS won’t authenticate any more. Here are the steps that seem to fix this issue:

  1. Open windows Powershell as administrator (right click runas)image
  2. Run the following commands:
  3. add-pssnapin Microsoft.adfs.powershell
  4. set-adfsproperties -autocertificaterollover $true
  5. update-adfscertificate -urgent
  6. Run the CRM deployment manager
  7. Run through Configure Claims-Based Authentication Wizard (no changes)
  8. Run through Configure Internet-Facing Deployment Wizard (no changes)
  9. Restart the adfs service
    From a Command Prompt “cmd” Type
    net stop adfssrv
    start adfssrv
  10. Restart the Microsoft Asynchronous processing service
    From Services Windows
    Click the Restart Icon while the Service is selected
  11. run an iisreset from the elevated command prompt
    Start RUN “cmd”

CRM 4.0 Report To PDF Converter Workflow hangs - emails not sending attachments

While making changes to a custom report for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 we found the changes weren't being applied to reports used by the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Report To PDF Converter. After investigation we discovered that the Report to PDF Converter was looking in the Report Server virtual directory /crmorg_MSCRM/.  The reports for CRM 4.0 are actually in /crmorg_MSCRM/4.0.  But the names of the reports are GUIDs so it is hard to figure out which report to set up int the Report To PDF configurations.  So the original consultant and republished the reports in the  organization root.  

No problem.  We opened up IE and browsed to the Report Manager page and uploaded the new .RDL file to the /crmorg_MSCRM/ folder.

Problem - after we published the new verision of the report Workflows in CRM started hanging in the Waiting state and the emails they created were hung in draft status reason with no attachment.  We forgot that when you upload a custom report to CRM the report is modified to include the parameters that allow it to be run for all records, a group of records or just a single record.  The workflow and associated email were getting hung up because the report CRM 4.0 Report To PDF Converter was running a report with no parameters.

Fix - In IE we browsed to the Report Manager /crmorg_MSCRM/4.0 folder, opened the properties for the appropriate report, clicked edit and saved the report to a temporary location.  Then we brosed back to the /crmorg_MSCRM folder and opened the properties for the report the PDF Converter was configured to use and uploaded the version we just saved.

Solver BI360 One Stop Reporting Excel Add-In Does not Load

There is an issue with the BI360 OneStop Reporting Excel Add-in by Solver  not creating the correct registry entries during installation. The installer finishes without error but the BI360 OneStop Reporting Excel Add-in does not load when you open Excel. As the BI360 OneStop Reporting Excel Add-In does not load, the OneStop Reporting Tab does not appear in the Excel Ribbon. When you go to Options > Add-ins in Excel the OneStop Reporting Add-In shows as inactive but it is checked as active. The installer is creating the registry keys and values in the wrong location.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. The following is provided without warranty.

Copy the following text to notepad or another text editor. Save it as something like OneStop.reg. Right click on the saved file and select merge.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00






"FriendlyName"="OneStop Reporting 3.7"
"Description"="Excel-based reporting like you have never seen it before!"
"Manifest"="file://C:\\Program Files (x86)\\OneStop Reporting\\v3\\OneStop.ReportDesigner.vsto|vstolocal"


Adding Aggregate Totals to Stacked Charts in Microsoft CRM 2011

How do I add an Aggregate Total on top of Stacked Column or Stacked Bar Charts in Microsoft CRM 2011?

I found the following website to be absolutely helpful in guiding you through the steps to add aggregate totals to multi-series stacked charts:

A helpful tip—If you are using a series defined by “Count”, make sure that when you are adding filters to the series in the fetchcollection that you label aggregate=”countcolumn”. If your aggregate=”count”, your filters will not be applied.

Dynamics GP 2010 Historical AP Aging in SRS

Dynamics GP Historical AP Aging – SRS


After spending countless hours searching the internet and finally working with Microsoft – I wanted to share my findings on how to get the Historical AP Aging report in SRS to match what the GP version of the report has for balances.

  • You must be on GP 2010 SP 3 – anything prior to this, the Historical AP Aging has issues and will most likely not balance to your GL or the canned GP report
  • You will notice strange characters in the ‘To’ areas of most of the parameters – you don’t need to change these.  Unless you are specifically trying to exclude something.
  • The SRS report REQUIRES that you enter the from and to date (unlike the GP report that uses the Print/Age as of Date).  If you leave this defaulted to the dates already put in, you will get an aging with all transactions posted through today.

This last point was the one we kept overlooking.  Sometimes the answer is right in front of you!

Syndicate content