After installing a new or renewed Token-Signing SSL Certificate on a AD FS 2.0 server users are unable to connect to CRM.
In addition see the following error:
Log Name: Application
Source: ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0
Date: 5/17/2012 3:13:42 PM
Event ID: 1309
Task Category: Web Event
And under the Exception information:
Exception type: SecurityTokenException
Exception message: ID4175: The issuer of the security token was not recognized by the IssuerNameRegistry. To accept security tokens from this issuer, configure the IssuerNameRegistry to return a valid name for this issuer.
1) In the CRM Deployment Manager disable the front end server and disable the Claims Based Authentication.
2)Do an IISReset on CRM Web Server
3) In Deployment Manger re-configure Claims- Based Authentication
4) In Deployment Manger re-configure IFD
5) Do an IISRESET again on CRM Web Server
6) Enable the Front End server in Deployment Manager
7) In ADFS management console in ADFS server , update the corresponding Federation Metadata URLs